Buying an apartment in Amsterdam
Feel confident about your decision with a buying agent
Looking to buy an apartment in Amsterdam? That’s a great idea! This city is a great place to live, but sadly it has also become very difficult to find a property on your own. So, let me help you; as a buying agent I often see property quickly and even before it comes to market. With ample knowledge and experience in the field, I’m in an excellent position to help you make the right decision.
Marthe Beusekamp, buying agent in Amsterdam
I’m Marthe Beusekamp, buying agent in Amsterdam. Having years of experience in this housing market, I’m well aware of how to tackle this hectic market, what to watch for when viewing an apartment, and how to obtain the right information about the property quickly and efficiently. All vital elements to determine the right offer or decide that it isn’t the right place for you after all.
Making an offer with confidence
Things can get pretty challenging and stressful if you’re a buyer on Amsterdam’s property market A lot of money is involved, and properties sell at high speed. This often causes extra pressure while the process of buying an apartment is stressful in and of itself. That’s why I’ll be helping you, making sure you feel good and confident in making your choice as well as a well-founded offer.
Buying an apartment? This is how!
These are some important steps If you want to buy an apartment in Amsterdam:
- Create your wish list: what’s important to you with regard to the apartment and its surroundings, where in Amsterdam do you want to live, and what boxes should your apartment tick?
- Discuss this list with your buying agent. Their questions will result in the ultimate wish list for how and where in Amsterdam you want to live.
- Make sure you know what you can buy and map your financial leeway with a mortgage consultant. I’d be happy to recommend one.
- Take your buying agent with you to view an apartment, as you’ll both focus on different things. And when you find an apartment you’d like to buy, your agent will assess all of the associated information.
- Have a look around the area, too, to make sure the district or neighbourhood complies with your wishes? Talk to your buying agent about how to proceed.
- Meanwhile, they’ll have looked at the relevant information, such as the apartment’s structural condition, the status of the homeowners’ association, and an adequate assessment of the property’s value. This will allow you to make a well-considered decision to buy the apartment armed with the facts and knowledge that matter. Another decision is the price you want to offer, on which your buying agent will provide advice, too.
- Your buying agent will put in the offer and handle any subsequent negotiations.
- Has your offer been accepted? Congratulations, you’ve bought a home in Amsterdam! The buying agent will further assist you with the inspection and transfer of ownership, after which you’ll be the proud owner of your very own apartment in Amsterdam!
Buy your apartment in Amsterdam with your buying agent
Want to feel confident when buying an apartment in Amsterdam? Rely on a buying agent. I’d be happy to take on that mantle and guide you through this exciting and stressful process with my knowledge and experience. Does that sound good? Let’s get to know each other!