Buying a home in Amsterdam isn’t easy. It may feel like an obstacle course, a lottery – or both. What’s feasible in this frantic housing market? And what offer should you make to get your hands on your dream home? Make sure you can rely on ample knowledge and experience with a buying agent who knows what they’re doing.
Marthe Beusekamp, buying agent in Amsterdam
I’m Marthe Beusekamp, buying agent in Amsterdam. And I help people buy a new house in Amsterdam every day, so I know exactly what you need to get your hands on the key to that one perfect place that will be your new home. Not just because I’m knowledgeable and experienced, but also because I have access to an excellent, reliable network in Amsterdam’s housing market, as well as strong intuition for a good offer, potential issues to keep an eye out for, and properties that aren’t quite as good as they appear.
Buying a house in Amsterdam in 8 steps
If you want to buy a house in Amsterdam, just follow these steps:
- Make a wish list; what requirements do you have for your home, where in Amsterdam do you want to live, what‘s is important to with regard to the house and its surroundings?
- Discuss your wish list with your buying agent and refine it on the basis of their questions and what comes up for you in the discussion. This will result in your ultimate wish list for where and how you want to live in Amsterdam.
- Map your financial situation with a mortgage consultant, so you know not just what you want, but also what you are able to buy.
- Visit properties together with your buying agent, since you’ll each look at the property with different eyes. If you step through the door and think, ‘This is where I want to live!’ – they’ll get to work and figure out the details for you.
- Make sure to take a good look around the district or city area. Does it fulfil your requirements? Then you and your buying agent will discuss the residence in greater detail.
- Meanwhile, your buying agent will have the required information at their fingertips, including the structural condition of the property. This will help you decide whether you want to buy the house and what offer you’d want to put in. Naturally, your buying agent will be on your side every step of the way.
- They’ll handle the bidding process and will be negotiating on your behalf, including the conditions that you want to impose, or they have recommended.
- Has your offer been accepted? Congratulations! Your buying agent will remain at your side for the inspection and handover, after which you can start turning your new house in Amsterdam into a home!
Let’s look for your dream home together
Buying a house is a huge step, exciting and also a little scary. So choose a buying agent you trust, one that has the knowledge and experience to provide the best possible guidance in the process. I am that buying agent. I assist my clients throughout the process of searching, viewing, making an offer, and buying property. Would you like me to help you find a home in Amsterdam? Contact me and together we’ll get you your dream home!